Employer: Simply Dental Management, Inc.
Position: Billing Specialist
Simply Dental Management is seeking a full-time Billing Specialist to join our growing team in Hopkinton, MA. We are searching for a strong individual to work on claims and billing to support the teams at our offices. Collaboration, ability to adapt to change and strong multitasking skills are a MUST! A willingness to learn and grow will make you a great match for this role!
This position will work from our home office on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. On Wednesday and Friday this position can work remotely after the first 90 days!
- Follow up on claims payments.
- Review patients accounts to ensure accuracy on insurance and billing.
- Verifies proper CDT coding is entered in the practice management system based on the services being performed by the General Dentist or Specialist
- Review various internal reports that contain claims and insurance information.
- Researches and identifies any special circumstance affecting delayed payment on accounts to include appeals of denied claims.
- Assists patients in setting up payment plans and completes payment plan contacts.
- Use various on and offline methods to trace outstanding claims payments.
- Remains current on Federal and State regulations and statuses that influence collections of receivables.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with treatment coordinating or office manager regarding patient accounts.
- Posting Insurance EOB’s/EFT’s
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the billing department.
- Oversee the training and support of staff.
- Efficiently managing patient complaints in respect of billing and collections.
- Planning and structuring the department workflow and staffing.
- Monitor the revenue for opportunities to improve.
- Monitor monthly KPIs to monitor all phases of the billing cycle
- Oversee 3rd party companies to ensure accuracy of payments and information.
- Manage daily deposits to the bank and ensure accuracy in end of day reconciling for the billing department.